Friday, April 15, 2011

Shall we call it Week Nine Reading?

Chapter 9,  to be read by Sunday, April 24.

Welcome back to the game, crew!  Feel free to catch up and comment on anything from previous weeks!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about Jesus the Boy. I noted where Elder Talmage said that people's speculations and elaborations on Jesus's boyhood are an insult to it. A lot is unknown about the details of what he did and his relationship with his mother and earthly father. I didn't know that he had younger siblings, and I wished Elder Talmage put a citation in to reference where he knows that from. It's good to remember that even Jesus learned step by step as he got older. I wonder what it would have been like to witness or be a part of his boyhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home sick from church--so I am taking advantage of an opportunity to get caught up. I enjoyed this chapter a lot as well. I like knowing that Jesus grew--even if he only went from good to better (as the chapter states). I also like thinking of him experiencing the simple things in life (chickens mostly) and then storing up that understanding for his teaching in the future. It shows that he is an observant person.
    In the chapter notes I thought the part about missing works in the bible was interesting. I wish that I could read those books and see what other stories we don't have are. I wonder how they got lost and why.

    ReplyDelete