Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week Three Reading!

chapter 4  
(it's short!)

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting and insightful to learn the meanings of Christ's various names.

    One thing I sometimes sincerely wonder about because I don't understand it fully, is what makes Jesus Christ different from the rest of us. What made Him a God already in the premortal existence? Why is He God's chosen, beloved son? Does it have to do with Him being first born? There must be more to it than that.

    I hope this book can help give more insight into that for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing I learned from this chapter is that Christ's antemortal existence was busy. He created the Earth. He was the God of the old testament and the God of the Book of Mormon.
    I thought that learning more about the different names of Jesus was also interesting. I think I understand better now than before how He is the Word--because he is the executor of the word, or will, of the father. I will eternally be confused about the times Jesus calls himself the father (isn't that our one way to distinguish God the father and Jesus Christ, since they share so many titles?). Oh well, perhaps this book will shed some light on that as well.

    ReplyDelete